The Longest Canvas to Dine
For this collaboration, Jelena decided to step out of her usual painting format and create a functional object – a tablecloth with motifs inspired by the pattern of the “Black and White Scarf” from our collection. Later, the tablecloth was exhibited during an intimate dinner in Jelena’s studio, where we celebrated the collaboration in the atmosphere of the studio, surrounded by Jelena’s work both on the table and around us.
1. What prompted you to create a tablecloth as an object for this collaboration?
2. What inspired you in its creation? What are the motifs on the tablecloth? Is there a theme?
3. What did the process of making the tablecloth look like? What material and medium did you use and why?
4. How did you reference the Black and White scarf? Why did you choose that scarf?
5. What do dinners in your studio mean to you? How did you come up with that idea?
Special thanks to Lea Vene for the contribution.